- Maintain constant quality control of all food prepared and ensure it is to the Chef De Cuisine and SBE standards
- Prepares all food items according to standard recipes and/or as specified on guest check to ensure consistency of product to the guest. Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items ideal cooking, in preparation of all menu items.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product, monitoring age and condition of all food items to rotate and maintain highest quality. Keeps all refrigeration equipment, storage and working areas clean and clutter free, complying with Health department regulations.
- Prepares daily requisitions for supplies and food items for production.
- Reads and employs math skills to follow recipes.
- Ensure smooth and efficient service and production of food from the department
- Understand the operational set up and principle of the Restaurant and Outlet venues
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food using thermostats and thermometers, including monitoring freezer systems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation, and report issues or problems to facility management
- Ability to work under demanding and strenuous situations
- Maintain knowledge of all menus within the hotel
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand; use hands/fingers; to grasp, perform fine manipulation, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms; talk; hear and smell. The team member is frequently required to walk, kneel, or crouch; reach above shoulder level and must possess the ability to stand for long periods (more than 8 hours). May be exposed to extreme temperatures, dust, dampness, height and moving machinery.
Walk and stand for an extended period of time through a full shift.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without assistance and to push and pull up to 150 lbs. with appropriate equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.