Bazaar Mar by José Andrés, is a ground-breaking new experience that lights up downtown Miami with a vibrant mix of sophisticated cuisine, playful indoor and outdoor lounge spaces. Highlights include sea snacks, an extensive raw bar, whole fish, Bazaar classics and carefully curated wines list in Philippe Starck's strikingly setting that transcends an ordinary event into a fête extraordinaire.
As the right hand of the Chef de Cuisine, the Sous Chef must implement the standards and the culinary vision of the brand while following all directives of the Chef de Cuisine. The Sous Chef is a leader in the kitchen and a manager of the culinary program and is responsible for delivering the highest quality food and service at all times.
• Ensure the highest levels of cleanliness and organization are maintained in the kitchen at all times, without exception. All sanitation and health department codes and company checklists must be followed at all times.
• Ensure that kitchen is properly equipped and in good repair.
• Ensure the proper execution of all recipes.
• Ensure proper and timely execution of all food (accurate plating, hot food hot and cold food cold). All food served in the allotted time frame. Expedite service when necessary.
• Conducts Line Checks and oversees the line check process for all shifts to ensure quality levels.
• Oversee the sourcing of product. Ensure the purchase of the best quality ingredients, the proper spec and the right price.
• Oversee the organization and cleanliness of all food and other kitchen storage areas
• Follow all company policies and procedures for inventory controls
• Lead by example, mentor and develop all culinary staff.
• Is a leader and is able to motivate staff members.
• Must maintain a high level of integrity.
• Is able to adapt in difficult situations, solve problems and make decisions when necessary.
• Must have the ability to perform this job successfully, including each essential duty.
• Must understand operation of all related equipment.
• Must have a good understanding in all aspects of food cost control.
• Must have Knowledge of fine dining presentation and service.
• Must possess the ability to communicate via written and oral communication with the culinary team and customers alike.
• Must have basic math skills and be capable of operating department specific software and applications.