- Prepare and coordinate monthly forecasts and projections.
- Prepare budget forms for both owner and hotel/Company budgets and assist the Director of Finance in the completion of the entire budget package.
- Review financial reports in accordance with reporting calendars and insure that all reports are submitted on a timely basis.
- Provide guidance and supervision to all accounting employees.
- Recommend or provide necessary training for specific tasks to accounting staff.
- Prepare all year-end reports, including tax reporting packages.
- Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with hotel/Company established guidelines.
- Investigate and critique variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical improvement methodologies to management.
- Develop a working knowledge of all Accounting positions and functions and be able to perform these duties in the event of turnover, absence, or vacation.
- Assist the Director of Finance in ensuring hotel’s compliance to all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes. Provide assistance to management in enforcing compliance on all these items.
- Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist and advise management in maintaining the hotel’s financial objectives.
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts, including bank reconciliations are properly reconciled per hotel/Company standards on a timely basis.
- Review and approve the Income Audit daily, and ensure that critical operational procedures are accomplished on a daily basis to include credit card reconciliation and transmission, daily deposits, cash short/over reporting, bank audits, allowances and paid outs, etc.
- Establish and continually audit all internal financial controls including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, inventories, hotel assets, master keys, payroll, records retention, and employee records.
- Hire, train, supervise, and develop staff, including coaching, counseling and discipline.
- Supervise or prepares all financial reports in accordance with hotel/Company requirements meeting various due dates and deadlines.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the venue teams.
- Communicate with employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role model for team and other employees. Interact with other department personnel and venue staff as needed.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
- Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancement measures within your scope of responsibility.
To be aware of and ensure constant compliance with all necessary operational policies including:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Emergency Procedures
- Liquor Licensing
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social responsibility goals of sbe are met.
- Utilize traditional software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Micros, ADP, Open Table and any departmental specific systems used.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Ensure confidential documents are kept in a secured area.
- When disposing confidential documents that contain any personally identifiable information, they must be shredded or pulverized.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Ownership or Corporate Offices.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Ensure that all staff follows and are in compliance with sbe’s policies and procedures.
Assimilate into sbe’s culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all sbe elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by sbe from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Considerable skill in math and algebraic equations using percentages.
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Exceptionally strong ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Proficient in Windows Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.
- Dynamic, proven leader demonstrating entrepreneurial spirit, innovative thinking, change leadership and focus on coaching and team motivation.
- Experience managing luxury brands.
- Must be innovative, organized, efficient and able to prioritize multiple projects while working with a team
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required, must be able to present self professionally at all times
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization
- Strong work ethic and self-starter who is a team player and comes with a can-do attitude
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The restaurant will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Requires ability to lift large and heavy packages and boxes and to the ability to load and unload small and large boxes as needed. Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without assistance and to push and pull up to 150 lbs. with appropriate equipment.