ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the activities of the Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements. Responsible for completion of monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts. Provide accurate calculations of annual depreciation schedules and capital expenditures. Assume responsibility for the timely completion of the annual budget.
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Oversee the staff accountants and accounting functions for all properties
- Ability to create financial statements and budgets for new properties
- Oversee and review the general ledger
- Manage all bank reconciliations
- Responsible for company wire transfers
- Respond to ADOF as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate all financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Establishes, or recommends to management, corporate economic strategies, objectives, and policies for company.
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Advises management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Provides management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Arranges for audits of company's accounts.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Establishes relations with banks and other financial institutions.
Directly supervises employees in the Accounting Department.